TIPS TO PREVENT FRAUD
The dental implants of low quality, as alert Dentists Association of The Rozas thus joining the College of Dentistry and Stomatology of Madrid (EMCO), may pose a risk to oral health.
The treatment of dental implants that do not meet minimum guarantees may have unintended consequences such as dislocations, fractures or loss of the implant, infection and bone loss irreparable.
The dental implant is generally the best choice to replace teeth that have been lost, but it is essential that the processing is carried out by qualified, trained and experienced professionals. Dentists should conduct a preliminary study and a suitable subsequent maintenance, in addition to using high quality materials.
Dental implant: recommendations to ensure you receive quality treatments
- Before inserting a dental implant ask your dentist that you clearly explain treatment
- It requires a dentist who personally handled the dentures in your mouth
- Distrusts very expensive treatments, because they can hide poor quality or health risk
- Do not believe the treatments guaranteed for life
- Pay special attention to your oral hygiene
- Visit your dentist every six months
When choosing dental implant treatment should check that the dentist or dental clinic met, among others, the following standards: EN ISO 9001 and EN ISO 13485. The following ten expands information on these requirements:
Decalogue of a dental implant quality:
- According to the principles of Decision 768/2008 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council dated July 9, 2008, marking it symbolizes the conformity of a product with the essential health and safety requirements which apply and taxes manufacturer.
- The ISO 9001: 2008 is the basis of the system of quality management. It is an international standard that focuses on all the elements of quality management with which a company must have to have an effective system that can manage and improve the quality of their products or services.
- The specific quality standard for medical devices is ISO 13485.
- Dental implants must be present on the market for over 10 years and have prior to product launch clinical trials of at least one year.
- The dental implant manufacturers must have R & D department in the company, with our own developments and our own patents.
- Manufacturers should have a range of dental implants and abutments enough to cover 90% of the cases occur in practice.
- The brand must be internationally known, having scientific publications in refereed journals and studies of R & D in own and / or departments in collaboration with universities.
- The product should be delivered in accordance with European legislation, attached instruction book in all languages where the product is sold, and a protocol of claims in the event of failure of a dental implant or breakage