7 tips to maintain a teeth whitening
The constant consumption of foods such as tea or coffee, the passage of time, the effect of certain medications or tobacco, are factors that can cause staining or darkening of our tooth enamel, an effect that can be reversed with tooth whitening .
This treatment, which has aesthetic purposes, seeks to eliminate superficial stains of the tooth enamel, clarifying the teeth by 5 to 7 tones, which is why it is recommended for those who wish to improve the appearance of their smile, since as the dentist of IntegraMedica Umberto Mayetta, this treatment “is not something medical, because it does not solve any dental disease”
If you have already made the decision to improve your smile and apply this treatment to show off a radiant dentition, consider the following recommendations from the dentist:
- A tooth whitening can last up to 4 years, approximately.
- The visible results of whitening are immediate, if performed by a dentist, since strong chemical brighteners are applied.
- After a whitening it is recommended
- Avoid very cold or hot foods, as it can produce tooth sensitivity.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid consuming foods such as coffee, tea, drinks with dyes or dark fruits such as blackberries or blueberries.
- Maintain a good and constant oral hygiene.
- A dental whitening should always be performed by a dentist, since the patient must be previously evaluated to avoid risks.
How to maintain a teeth whitening?
- Brush your teeth after every meal.
- Avoid smoking
- Reduce the consumption of tea, coffee or food with dyes.
- It uses dental floss.
- Brush your teeth more thoroughly at night.
- It is not recommended to use whitening pastes more than twice a week, as they damage the tooth enamel.
- Consult a minimum dentist every six months.