7 things you did not know about orthodontics in adults
Although the use of orthodontics has always been associated with children and young people, the truth is that in recent years there has been an increase in the number of adults who opt for this treatment. The reduction of their prices, the reduction of the terms and the advance of the techniques are some of the main reasons that have caused this change.
Enjoy a well-maintained, clean, healthy and beautiful smile is no longer a whim that only a few can afford. Nowadays it has become almost a necessity, as much of personal image, as aesthetic or of health.
Therefore, we would like to take this new post from our blog to tell you some aspects about orthodontics in adults that you did not know yet. Pay attention.
- Almost all adults can wear orthodontics. In these cases it is only necessary to previously make a complete evaluation of the patient to determine what the most appropriate treatment is
- It is not a simple aesthetic treatment, but can also fix or prevent different health problems or correct problems in the denture, such as loss of bone volume or neck pain
- There are “invisible” options that avoid the embarrassment of having to wear the traditional brackets on the teeth. Do you know Envisaging? It is a revolution in this field that will allow you to correct the position of your teeth without anyone noticing
- In addition, current orthodontic treatments for adults are much faster than a few years ago. The reason is none other than the great advance in techniques and materials, which accelerates the process. Of course, each person is different, so you have to consult with specialists to determine the exact deadline
- Despite what you may have heard, orthodontics does not cause discomfort. In fact, episodes of discomfort are almost ruled out with new alternatives. In this sense, Envisaging is the most recommended option today
- A point that not many people know about orthodontics is that, in addition to improving dental aesthetics, it will also improve the hygiene of our mouth, avoiding the accumulation of tartar thanks to the fact that brushing is much easier
- Lastly, there is no client who does not affirm that the investment has been worthwhile. The results are almost unbeatable and the patient gets a remarkable improvement in their self-esteem.