Caring for baby’s teeth
The care and cleaning of the gums and teeth from an early age is very important to prevent baby tooth decay and reduce the risk of oral health problems in adulthood.
Recommended Dental Care for Baby
- Before leaving the first teeth using a wet gauze to clean and massage baby’s gums.
- As starting to appear the first baby teeth (usually from 6 months) you can use small soft brush filaments, or clean gauze soaked in water or saline. It is convenient to do so at least twice a day.
- Toothpaste is convenient to leave after 2-3 years is when we can teach the child to spit, not swallow. You must use proper pasta to the age of the child and a small amount, about the size of a pea.
- From the four years can go by entering the flossing
- The cleaning of the teeth requires proper technique and some skill so are the parents who should do it. About 5 or 6 years the child will have enough dexterity to brush your teeth for yourself, but you should always have the help and supervision of parents (especially in brushing night).
If you properly care for and clean our baby teeth provide you develop a good dentition and avoid many dental problems in adulthood.